It takes little more than ten minutes to complete a circuit of reef-fringed Baros Maldives. An idyllic island right in the heart of the Indian Ocean, this picture-perfect setting is a private paradise that’s home to nothing more than luscious lazy days, captivating cuisine, and scintillating scuba sessions.
Why Baros Maldives?
- Here it’s all about going above and beyond to create the most personalised, romantic and authentically Maldivian experiences
- A world-class house reef, ready to be explored by occasional snorkelers or veteran divers
- Home to an eco-friendly ethos that extends to the hotels own coral regeneration programme, and the first certified EcoDive centre in the Maldives with over 30 incredible dive sites nearby
- Dine at The Lighthouse - an over-water pavilion with views into Baros’ crystal clear waters
- A honeymooners’ paradise with endless experiences to enjoy, including a dinner cruise on Nooma, the house dhoni
Take a closer look...
Upon arrival at this desert island setting, welcoming staff lead the way along shady paths lined with hibiscus and bougainvillaea to a choice of serene accommodations.
Beachfront Pool Villas feature a private plunge pool and outdoor garden shower, whilst Deluxe Water Villas line a curving boardwalk – perfect for dipping directly into the glistening lagoon. Two ultra-spacious Premium Pool Villas offer mesmerising ocean views and an outdoor Jacuzzi.
Dine anywhere and anyhow, with the iconic Lighthouse Restaurant being the place for feasting overwater on degustation menus and savouring fine wines from the glass panelled cellar, and Sails Bar serving drinks to live music. Baros also has Nooma, its own traditional dhoni for sunset cruises and romantic dinners – prepared and served discreetly by a personal chef and waiter. Guests receive personal yoga mats for use whilst on the island, a fresh fruit platter every morning and ‘eye openers’ with breakfast – a carefully selected juice blend full of healthy ingredients to help kick start your day.
The Spa at Baros is hidden within a lush tropical garden, the ideal setting for their speciality pampering massages and seaweed wraps. There are over 30 dive sites close by, with a resident marine biologist on hand to answer any questions.
The house reef is one of the finest in the Maldives, full of fascinating marine life and coral that Baros are keen to protect and conserve with their own regeneration programme and eco-friendly efforts.