1246 magnificent islands scattered like jewels range from tiny, verdant and unpopulated to massive and arid. Pristine beaches, infamous blue waters, ancient cities and all-night parties await.
Our top tips and style guide for visiting Croatia
- The best time to visit is the height of summer as good weather is almost a certainty in July and August.
- Travel to Hvar by Catamaran and enjoy a Caiprioska at Hula Hula bar, an institution on the island. Head to Korcula, reputed to be the birthplace of Marco Polo before travelling south to the orange-hued roofs of Dubrovnik. Stay at the stylish Pucic Palace and hire a private yacht to explore nearby islands.
- Croatian women always look very chic and 'put-together'. The Diane von Furstenberg collection offers the ideal solution for socialising on your holiday.
- Do glamour in a not-so-obvious way with Oliver Goldsmith and their 'Sophia' two-tone acetate sunglasses with black frames and marbled ivory arms from Browns Fashion.
- Perfect for time spent on the pebbled beaches, pack your own wooden Frescobol bats from the FB Collection. Each one is unique Salt Resort Wear.
- Croatia is known for the quality of its jewellers, who use stones and semi-precious corals in innovative ways. We recommend the individual designs created by Clara Stones in Dubrovnik.