We believe you should always know exactly what kind of data we collect from you, how we use it, and that you should be empowered to make the best decisions about the information that you share with us.
At Carrier Ltd. (“we”, “our”, “us”) we operate by the principles set out below. Do bear in mind that by using our website, contacting us by telephone or providing information to us in person, by way of email, post and social media, you agree to its terms.
The type of information we may collect about you will depend on the nature of your interactions with us. We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), including when you request information from us, book your travel arrangements with us, when you use our website or social media platforms, or interact with us in person, via telephone or email.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as companies involved in your travel plans, including travel agents, airlines and hotels.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect:
– Personal information for you and those persons travelling with you
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Landline and mobile numbers
- Passport information (including passport number, title, full name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, date of issue, date of expiry)
- Financial details and payment method (including card type, cardholder name, card number, start date, expiry date, security code, billing address)
- Details relating to any allergies, disability or medical condition you may have
- Dietary requirements, which may disclose your religious beliefs
– Details of your travel arrangements with us
- This includes whether you booked directly with Carrier or via a travel agent, where you choose to travel to, where you decide to stay, your preferences, travel dates, number of passengers travelling with you and any other information related to your travel with us
- Your enquiry and purchase history of Carrier holidays
– Information you choose to submit to us
- Via the completion of forms, sending us details of your preferences, feedback or testimonials
- By interacting with us on social media platforms
- When taking part in any of our competitions
- If applying for a job with us
– Details of the device you are using and how you use our website
We use your information for a number of different purposes, which includes to provide you with a service you request from us, to improve our services to you, to enhance your user experience, and to communicate with you.
– To complete and manage a booking you have made with us
- We are required to use your information to handle your enquiries and deliver the services that you request or purchase from us. This includes arranging your flights, accommodation, ground arrangements and activities.
- Even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important service communications and provide customer support for the Carrier services you are using.
– To help market our products and services to you
- We may match details common to you across various sources of information, so that we may understand you and your preferences better.
- By knowing more about you, we can focus on those aspects we think are most likely to benefit and be of value to you and personalise your customer experience.
- We will use your information to send you marketing communications and keep you informed of Carrier’s products and services we think might be of interest or relevance to you. We may send communications via direct mail, email, telephone and social media, or serve adverts via third-party companies.
– To enhance and develop our services as a travel provider
- We may record and monitor calls, live chat conversations via the website and email communications, for the purposes of quality assurance, training and improving our customer service.
- Information about the way you use our website, will be used by us to review, develop and optimise our website, products and services.
- In order to better understand our customer base, we may carry out analysis and market research to tailor our business approach. This includes using your personal information to carry out profiling and segmentation to inform our market research and client demographics.
– For management and administrative purposes
- We may retain your information for administrative purposes such as accounting and billing, auditing and gathering statistics for trading reports. This does not include information which can be used to identify you. We retain credit card receipts which includes the card number and expiry date only.
– To comply with our own legal obligations
- For example health and safety legislation, or to assist in an investigation by law enforcement agencies.
– For your protection and safety
- In the event of illness or injury or some other related emergency, where there is no time to gain your consent, we may be required to share your personal details to medical personnel.
The legal bases in which we will rely on to process the above are as follows:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us
The information we collect when you use our website or services is confidential, however we may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
– Suppliers and vendors we work with that provide the services in connection to the provision of our services to you
- This can include for example, airlines, hotels, cruise companies, ground handling agencies, transport and car hire companies. Appropriate personal data will be shared with any relevant suppliers only where necessary for the purposes of booking your travel arrangements.
- This may include the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Your information will be sent for operational purposes only and will not be used for marketing communications.
– Government and law enforcement agencies
- We may be required by law to disclose information to government and public authorities such as customs, immigration and security services, or regulatory authorities, courts and legal agencies.
– Third party service providers and partners in connection with our business
- On occasion, we share information with service providers who support our business. This can include creative and digital agencies that assist with our marketing campaigns; distribution centres which provide services that involve data processing and delivery of our marketing collateral; and insights and analytics companies which specialise in data profiling and segmentation.
- We may also disclose data to external professional advisers such as accountants, bankers, insurances, auditors and lawyers.
- In the event of our insolvency we, or any appointed insolvency practitioner, may disclose your personal information to the CAA, and/or ABTA so that they can assess the status of your booking and advise you on the appropriate course of action under any scheme of financial protection. The CAA’s General Privacy Notice is at https://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/About-us/General-privacy-notice/ ABTA’s Privacy Notice is at https://www.abta.com/privacy-notice.
– Parent company – DER Touristik UK group
- Carrier is one of four specialist companies operating independently within the DER Touristik UK group. Any personal information about you in which we collect shall not be tracked or otherwise used by the DER Touristik UK group without your informed consent (except for internal reporting, accounting and compliance purposes).
- You will only be sent marketing communications from other companies within the group where you have provided your consent to those companies directly.
- Your data may be disclosed to third parties which are considering or have decided to buy some or all of DER Touristik UK’s assets or shares, merge with the group or to whom we may transfer our business (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation).
– Non-personally identifiable information
- We may share non-personal, non-identifiable data with hotels, cruise companies, airlines and tourist boards when they take part in joint marketing activities with Carrier. This may include aggregated information such as our dominant customer profiles, the number of times users have visited a particular page on the website, or engaged with specific marketing communications.
We will take appropriate steps which are intended to ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal data for any reason agrees to keep it secure and only uses it for the purposes of providing the agreed services. Our suppliers and service providers will not be permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing, unless you have consented to receive such communication directly with them.
We will periodically review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Keeping your information secure is very important to us and we store and process your data in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation. Carrier implements security measures which are intended to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing, and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
We take great care to ensure the physical and digital security of our premises, equipment, devices and systems by implementing appropriate password protection and access restrictions. Access to your information is only granted to those that need to use it in the course of their work.
Your personal data may be stored, used and otherwise processed within the UK and/or any other country(ies) of the European Economic Area (EEA). For operational reasons, your personal information may also be stored or processed by some of our service providers, which operate outside of the EEA. Some of the data protection and security laws for these countries operate differently and may not be to the same level we have under EU legislation, however we shall take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place and will take the steps necessary for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
In accordance with data protection legislation, as of 25 May 2018 you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information
- Right to access and receive a copy of your personal information being held, processed and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Right to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information
- Right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information to another service provider
- Right to restrict or limit the way we use your information
- Right to object to our use of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to delete and remove your personal information from our systems
If you are looking for further details about your privacy rights, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK.
If you believe that any of your personal information we are holding is incorrect, incomplete or needs updating, please contact us by using the details under the “Contacting Carrier” section below.
If you no longer wish to hear from us or would like to withdraw your consent in relation to profiling, you can opt out or unsubscribe by following the link contained in any marketing communications that you receive from us, or by sending us your name, full address and email to [email protected]
We will comply with your requests unless we have a lawful reason not to do so. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from us, including administrative messages and service status announcements, which are necessary when related to any enquiries or purchases made with Carrier.
Carrier Ltd. is one of four specialist companies operating independently within the DER Touristik UK group. The company is registered in England and Wales under company number: 2671002. For our registered address please refer to the “Contacting Carrier” details below.
If another company has provided an element of your enquiry or booking separately from Carrier, such as a travel agent, airline, hotel or cruise company, they too will be a “data controller” and you can access the separate privacy policies of those providers from them directly.
FAO: The Company Secretary
One Didsbury Point
2 The Avenue
or by email at [email protected]
By accepting this policy statement you consent to the use (including processing and storage), transfer and disclosure of your information and data referred to in this policy statement for the purposes set out above.
Last updated: June 2018